To commemorate the 2020 World Anti-Corruption Day, U.S. Embassy Kolonia invites citizens and residents of the Federated States of Micronesia to a Virtual Essay Competition on the origins of corruption.
“Try to identify the reasons that lead to corruption. Is it true that as long as some people hold more power than others, there will always be corruption? What can you as a citizen do to help end corruption?”
1st Prize: Apple iPhone SE Cellphone
2nd Prize: FSMTC Telecard $100
3rd Prize: FSMTC Telecard $50
• Participants must be a citizen of the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) or resident in the FSM. *Must reside in one of the FSM States to be eligible.
• Participants must be between the ages 15-20 years old.
How to Enter:
• All entries must be submitted by 12:00pm December 3, 2020 (Pohnpei Time).
• Essay should be no more than 500 words and written in English
• Essay must not contain defamatory, obscene, offensive, or any other unsuitable language.
• Essay should be emailed to KoloniaPAS@state.gov including participant’s name, age, and name of State currently residing in.
• One essay entry per person.
• Essay submitted must be original and not previously used in other competitions.
• U.S. Embassy Kolonia reserves the right to ask for proof of age for winning contestant, if needed.
• Winning essays will be featured on the U.S. Embassy Kolonia website and social media platforms.
For further inquiries, please contact the following:
Abigail Kim, Public Diplomacy Assistant, U.S. Embassy Kolonia