If you have changed your name or need to correct data on your passport, you will need to have this change reflected in your passport. Please note that passports can no longer be amended; therefore you will need to apply for a new passport.
If the change/correction is within one year after issuance, you may apply by mail (for both adults and minors age 16 and under).
- Valid passport
- Completed form DS-5504
- Documentation showing name change (e.g. Original marriage certificate, divorce decree or court order)
Documentation showing that the information in the passport is incorrect (e.g. Original birth certificate, marriage certificate, previous passport)
- One passport photo
- One self-addressed, USPS Priority Mail prepaid envelope to return your passport by mail.
- Please send you application to U.S. Embassy Kolonia.
See also: Passport Fees
If applying for children under 16, a parent should sign the application form on behalf of the child. The personal appearance of the minor and the two-parent consent are not required.
If the change is more than one year after issuance, please follow the procedures for passport renewal and include:
- Documentation showing name change (e.g. original marriage certificate, divorce decree or court order)
- Documentation showing that the information in the passport is incorrect (e.g. original birth certificate, marriage certificate, government-issued ID)