Issued: March, 27, 2020
Location: Kosrae, Yap, Chuuk and Pohnpei States
Event: The March 19, 2020 Global Level 4 Health Advisory issued by the Department of State advises U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19. U.S. citizens who live in the United States should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.
U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States should work with United Airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available. In case commercial transportation options cease to be available, we are compiling a list of persons seeking to leave the FSM.
If you are interested in a U.S. government flight and would like to be added to the list, please email the information requested below to KoloniaACS@state.gov. Please send only one request. The U.S. Embassy will respond that you have been added to the list and will contact you if confirmed for a flight.
Seats on these flights are reserved for U.S. citizens (including those with identified health concerns) and their Legal Permanent Resident immediate family members who are traveling with them.
Under U.S. law, passengers on U.S. government-organized flights are responsible for paying the cost of their ticket, which may be higher than standard commercial fares. U.S. travelers on these flights are required to sign a promissory note before boarding. No cash or credit card payments will be accepted. U.S. travelers will be responsible for any arrangements or costs (lodging, onward destination or local transportation, etc.) related to travel from the initial destination in the United States. Exact departure time and routing are subject to change.
Please enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages receive alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency. U.S. Citizens in an emergency can call 1-888-407-4747 from the U.S. and Canada or plus-1-202-501-4444 from overseas.
In your email, please provide the following:
- Full name
- Passport number and expiration date
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone number
- Mailing Address
- Emergency Contact Person
- Emergency Contact Person Phone number
- Reliable phone number for group’s Point of Contact (POC)
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the FSM.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
US Embassy Kolonia
+691 920-2369 (after hours)
Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs
Federated States of Micronesia Country Specific Information
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook