Issued: March 22, 2020
Location: Pohnpei State
Event: The Governor amended March 21 Emergency Order No. 20-21 to ban passenger arrivals to Pohnpei State.
On March 21, the Governor of Pohnpei State signed an amendment to Emergency Order No. 20-21 to ban passenger arrivals to Pohnpei State. The order is effective immediately and only permits airline crew, humanitarian support aircraft and vessels and all cargo vessels and tankers to disembark to perform required duties.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 3 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
On March 11, the Department of State authorized the voluntary departure of non-emergency U.S. Government employees and all eligible family members due to stringent travel restrictions that affect commercial flights.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in FSM.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- US Embassy Kolonia
- +691 320-2187
- +691 920-2369 (after hours)
- Deparment of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs
- +1-202-501-4444 (from other countries)
- +1-888-407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)
- Federated States of Micronesia Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook