Location: Pohnpei, Chuuk, Yap and Kosrae States
Event: United Airlines flight #154 departed Pohnpei April 14 bound for Guam. United Airlines is not scheduled to service the FSM until May 6. The westbound Long Island Hopper, flight #154 is scheduled to depart Honolulu May 6 with stops in Majuro, Kwajalein, Kosrae, Pohnpei, Chuuk and Guam. The eastbound Long Island Hopper, flight #155 is scheduled to depart Guam May 6 stopping in Pohnpei, Chuuk, Kosrae, Kwajalein, Majuro and Honolulu.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice. On March 11, the Department of State authorized the voluntary departure of non-emergency U.S. Government employees and all eligible family members due to stringent travel restrictions that affect commercial flights. Embassy Kolonia remains open and staffed and Mission personnel are following United States and FSM government recommendations regarding social distancing and avoiding large gatherings.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in FSM.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
U.S. Embassy Kolonia
1286 U.S. Embassy Place, Pohnpei
Kolonia, Federated States of Micronesia
Phone: +691 320-2187 or +691 920-2369 (after hours)
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Federated States of Micronesia Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook