Location: Pohnpei, Chuuk, Yap and Kosrae States
Event: As the United States and the world deal with the ongoing pandemic, the FBI’s national security and criminal investigative work continues. There are threats you should be aware of so you can take steps to protect yourself:
- Children who are home from school and spending more time online may be at increased risk for exploitation.
- Anyone can be targeted by hackers and scammers.
- Protecting civil rights and investigating hate crimes remain a high priority for the FBI.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in FSM.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- If you plan to seek repatriation assistance, please respond to earlier Embassy messages requesting information.
- Review the FBI website for additional COVID-19 information relating to fraud, exploitation and internet crimes.