During this period, we will continue to process a limited number of visa applications on an emergency basis. The list below represents the types of visas that are eligible to request an emergency appointment. Once a request is submitted, a visa officer will review the request to determine if it meets the requirements and inform you of the decision.
We may accept emergency visa applications which require an interview for the following purposes of travel/visa categories:
- C1/D visas where urgent business travel is necessary
- Urgent travel for B1/B2 visa applicants that cannot be postponed
- The death or sudden illness of a family member
- Travel for medical treatment not available locally
- Students or exchange visitors whose purpose of travel is to begin or resume a valid program of study in the United States within two weeks
* Please note that travel for the purpose of attending weddings and graduation ceremonies or tourism do not qualify for expedited appointments. Furthermore, an ESTA denial does not qualify for an emergency appointment unless combined with one of the other factors listed above.