The U.S. Embassy advises the community in the FSM that COVID-19 has arrived in Kosrae and Pohnpei and is spreading rapidly. We expect it to soon spread to Chuuk and Yap. U.S. Officials from the Centers for Disease Control and the Department of Human Services are working closely with National and State Health Departments to contain the spread and mitigate effects of the virus. The U.S. has supplied the public health departments with sufficient testing kits and therapeutic treatments to deal with the spread of the virus in the FSM.
The Embassy urges everyone to not only vaccinate themselves, but to receive the full complement of booster shots. CDC advises booster shots are critical for minimizing the adverse effects of COVID-19. Please follow the advice of state and national health officials and stay tuned for information updates.
Please note masks are required for U.S. Embassy access should you come to the Embassy for services.
COVID19-Related Actions to Take:
· CDC Page on New Order: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html
· Amended Testing Order: https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/fr-proof-negative-test.html
· CDC Press Release: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/p1203-covid-testing-tightens-intl.html
· U.S. Embassy Kolonia 1286 U.S. Embassy Place, Pohnpei
Kolonia, Federated States of Micronesia
· Phone: +691 320-2187 or +691 920-2369 (after hours)
· Email: KoloniaACS@state.gov
· Federated States of Micronesia Country Information
· Follow us on Twitter and Facebook