Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Kolonia, Federated States of Micronesia – FSM (04/17/2020)
Location: Yap State
Event: Yap State Governor Henry Falan announced April 16 a “Restrictions of Movement of People” decree that would apply to all Yap State residents between the hours of 7:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m, Monday through Friday. The curfew was prompted by three individuals who were identified as Persons Under Investigation for COVID-19 after they experienced COVID-19 like symptoms. After two of the individuals arrived in Yap from Guam on March 18 and completed the required 14 day quarantine, they were released and required to quarantine for an additional 14 days. During their quarantine period, they were discovered out and about in the community.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice. On March 11, the Department of State authorized the voluntary departure of non-emergency U.S. Government employees and all eligible family members due to stringent travel restrictions that affect commercial flights. Embassy Kolonia remains open and staffed and Mission personnel are following United States and FSM government recommendations regarding social distancing and avoiding large gatherings.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in FSM.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Kolonia
- 1286 U.S. Embassy Place, Pohnpei
Kolonia, Federated States of Micronesia
- Phone: +691 320-2187 or +691 920-2369 (after hours)
- Email: KoloniaACS@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Federated States of Micronesia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook