The United States is the leading higher education destination for students around the world. The knowledge and skills international students develop on U.S. campuses prepare them to become the next generation of world leaders who can work across languages, cultures, and borders to solve shared global challenges. According to the Institute for International Education’s Open Doors Report, the number of international students in the U.S. increased by seven percent to a record high of 886,052 in 2013-2014. Due to the unique relationship the United States has with the Federated States of Micronesia, FSM citizens travel to and from the United States without requiring visas.
Education USA in the Federated States of Micronesia
EducationUSA is a global network of more than 400 advising centers supported by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the U.S. Department of State.
Education USA is the official, trusted source of information about U.S. higher education based at the College of Micronesia-FSM (National Campus). EducationUSA provides students and their parents with free unbiased, accurate, comprehensive, and current information on how to apply to an accredited U.S. university or college. EducationUSA’s “Your 5 Steps to U.S. Study” help to guide students through both undergraduate and graduate application processes.
Our services also include:
- Creating a plan, choosing a school, obtaining financial aid, applying for admission and preparing for departure.
- Offering one-on-one advising via in person appointments, emails, phone calls, the internet, group advising, events and workshops
- Providing digital resources and publications on various topics:
- Finding a university/college
- Essay writing/Personal statement
- Culture in the U.S.
- Scholarships/Financial Aid
- Standardized Tests
- Pre-departure Orientation
All of our services are free of charge.
Director of Student Life/ Education USA Advisor
College of Micronesia-FSM
P.O. Box 159
Kolonia, Pohnpei FM 96941
Phone: + (691) 320-2480 Ext:230