Earthquake Alert: U.S. Embassy Kolonia, Federated States of Micronesia – FSM (07/07/2020)
Location: Pohnpei, Chuuk, Yap, and Kosrae States
Event: A magnitude 6.6 earthquake struck July 7 near Fais in Yap State at approximately 05:00 am. No tsunami warning has been issued but the region has experienced increased seismic activity in recent days.
At this time, Yap State and its municipalities have not reported any earthquake-related damage or injuries. The U.S. Embassy in Pohnpei is open for emergency assistance to U.S. citizens but, due to travel restrictions, Embassy staff are not able to travel to Yap. All U.S. citizens living in or traveling to the area should monitor local reports, follow directions from local officials, contact family and friends to notify them of your safety, and take other appropriate actions as needed. Any related inquires can be directed to the U.S. Embassy in Kolonia.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
COVID19-Related Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in FSM.
- U.S. Embassy Kolonia
1286 U.S. Embassy Place, Pohnpei
Kolonia, Federated States of Micronesia
- Phone: +691 320-2187 or +691 920-2369 (after hours)
- Email: KoloniaACS@state.gov
- Federated States of Micronesia Country Information
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook