Last updated: 04/01.2021
Effective January 26, all airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older must provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days of travel. Alternatively, travelers to the U.S. may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel. Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
- The Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) has one confirmed COVID-19 border case.
- United Airlines is servicing the FSM with limited flights for departing passengers only. (Contact United Airlines for additional information)
- United Airlines suspended all outbound international pet shipments. (Contact United Airlines for additional information)
- United Airlines continues to provide limited outbound human remains shipments for the FSM. (Contact United Airlines for additional information)
- Travelers should be prepared for the possibility that United Airlines could reduce/suspend service to the FSM on short notice.
- Air Niugini suspended service on February 13, 2020 to the FSM due to low passenger demand.
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM)? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within 72 hours? Yes
- Please visit the Public State Hospitals for the COVID-19 Tests.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Has the government of Federated States of Micronesia approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes (Moderna Vaccinations are available at each Public Health Department in all four FSM States.)
The United States Government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. For information on how you can get your COVID-19 vaccine, please contact your state immunization program at the following numbers.
- Yap State: +691-350-2114
- Chuuk State: +691-330-3945
- Pohnpei State: +691-320-3144/2217
- Kosrae State: +691-370-2125
Entry and Exit Requirements
- As of March 31 2021, the FSM’s travel ban on passengers disembarkations at all ports of entry was extended until May 31 2021 (https://www.fsmgov.org/index.html)
- Is a curfew in place? No
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? Yes
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? N/A
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes
- Is public transportation operating? Yes
Fines for Non-Compliance (N/A)
- What ACS services are being offered?
- Passport Services
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA)
- Notarial Services
- What visa services are being offered?
- Diplomatic & Official Non-Immigrant Visas
- Transit Visas