Update on Change to U.S. Travel Policy Requiring COVID-19 Vaccination for nonimmigrant travel.
Effective May 11, Nonimmigrant air passengers will no longer need to show proof of being fully vaccinated with an accepted COVID-19 Vaccine to board a flight to the United States. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
- FSM borders are now open, anyone who wishes to travel to the FSM will need to be fully vaccinated and be able provide proof of vaccination status prior to boarding.
- United Airline (UA) is back to their normal operating schedule. Please contact UA for both instate and out of state flights.
- Air Niugini suspended service on February 13, 2020, to the FSM due to low passenger demand.
- Caroline Island Air is currently servicing in the FSM. (Please contact CIA for updated interstate travel).
- Pacific Mission Aviation (PMA) is currently servicing in the FSM. (Please contact PMA for updated flight schedule).
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM)? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within 72 hours? Yes
- Please visit the Public State Hospitals for the COVID-19 Tests.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Has the government of Federated States of Micronesia approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes (Moderna, J&J/Janssen, and Booster Vaccinations are available at each Public Health Department in all four FSM States.)
The United States Government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. For information on how you can get your COVID-19 vaccine, please contact your state immunization program at the following numbers.
- Yap State: +691-350-2114
- Chuuk State: +691-330-3945
- Pohnpei State: +691-320-3144/2217
- Kosrae State: +691-370-2125
Entry and Exit Requirements
The FSM borders are fully open, anyone who wishes to travel to the FSM will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including booster doses if eligible, and must have physical possession of a negative COVID-19 test result, conducted via PCR test within 72 hours of their departure from Hawaii or Guam to the FSM.
- Is a curfew in place? No
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes, both outbound and inbound flights are available.
- Is public transportation operating? Yes.
- What ACS services are being offered?
Routine ACS services are open (Passports, Notarial and Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) etc.).
- What visa services are being offered?
Regular Visa: C1 and B1B2 for both first time visa applicants and renewals. Official: C3 renewals
Diplomatic visa: renewals