Last updated: 06/14/2022
As of June 12, 2022, the CDC order requiring all passengers aged two and above to show a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before boarding a flight to the United States, is cancelled.
CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
- The Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) is Covid free.
- United Airlines is servicing the FSM with limited flights for departing passengers only. (Contact United Airlines for additional information)
- United Airlines suspended all outbound international pet shipments. (Contact United Airlines for additional information)
- United Airlines continues to provide limited outbound human remains shipments for the FSM. (Contact United Airlines for additional information)
- Travelers should be prepared for the possibility that United Airlines could reduce/suspend service to the FSM on short notice.
- Air Niugini suspended service on February 13, 2020, to the FSM due to low passenger demand.
- Caroline Island Air is currently servicing in the FSM. (Please contact CIA for updated interstate travel).
- Pacific Mission Aviation (PMA) is currently servicing in the FSM. (Please contact PMA for updated flight schedule).
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM)? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within 72 hours? Yes
- Please visit the Public State Hospitals for the COVID-19 Tests.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Has the government of Federated States of Micronesia approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes (Moderna, J&J/Janssen, and Booster Vaccinations are available at each Public Health Department in all four FSM States.)
The United States Government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. For information on how you can get your COVID-19 vaccine, please contact your state immunization program at the following numbers.
- Yap State: +691-350-2114
- Chuuk State: +691-330-3945
- Pohnpei State: +691-320-3144/2217
- Kosrae State: +691-370-2125
Entry and Exit Requirements
The FSM borders are closed since March of 2020. The FSM National Government plans to re-open its border on August 1st, 2022. Yap, Pohnpei, Chuuk and Kosrae have successfully completed repatriations and are seeking to allow more citizens to enter. Entry controlled by the FSM Consulate in Guam in coordination with United Airline and subject to proof of vaccination with a WHO-approved vaccine, three days pre-quarantine period in Guam and five days post-flight quarantine in FSM. For updated information regarding FSM repatriation procedure and flight schedule please refer to FSM PIO website
- Is a curfew in place? No
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? Yes
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes, outbound commercial flights are available
- Is public transportation operating? Yes.
Fines for Non-Compliance
- Not Applicable
- What ACS services are being offered?
Routine ACS services are open (Passports, Notarial and Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) ect).
- What visa services are being offered?
Regular Visa: C1 and B1B2 for both first time visa applicants and renewals. Official: C3 renewals
Diplomatic visa: renewals