Last updated: 1/13/2022
Effective December 6, 2021, all airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older, regardless of vaccination status or citizenship, must provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within one calendar day of travel. Alternatively, travelers to the United States may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel. Check the CDC website for additional information and Check the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website for additional information.
- The Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) is COVID free.
- United Airlines is servicing the FSM for departing passengers and with limited flights for incoming passengers. (Contact United Airlines for additional information)
- United Airlines suspended all outbound international pet shipments. (Contact United Airlines for additional information)
- United Airlines continues to provide limited outbound human remains shipments for the FSM. (Contact United Airlines for additional information)
- Travelers should be prepared for the possibility that United Airlines could reduce/suspend service to the FSM on short notice.
- Air Niugini suspended service on February 13, 2020, to the FSM due to low passenger demand.
- Caroline Island Air is currently servicing in the FSM. (Please contact CIA for updated interstate travel).
- Pacific Mission Aviation (PMA) is currently servicing in the FSM. (Please contact PMA for updated flight schedule).
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM)? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within 72 hours? Yes
- Please visit the Public State Hospitals for the COVID-19 Tests.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Has the government of Federated States of Micronesia approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes (Moderna, J&J/Janssen, and Booster Vaccinations are available at each Public Health Department in all four FSM States.)
The United States Government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. For information on how you can get your COVID-19 vaccine, please contact your state immunization program at the following numbers.
- Yap State: +691-350-2114
- Chuuk State: +691-330-3945
- Pohnpei State: +691-320-3144/2217
- Kosrae State: +691-370-2125
Entry and Exit Requirements
- The FSM borders are closed since March of 2019.The emergency decree has been extended to January 31, 2022. Yap, Pohnpei, Chuuk, and Kosrae have successfully completed repatriations and are seeking to allow more citizens to enter. Entry controlled by the FSM consulate in Guam in coordination with United Airlines and subject to proof of vaccination with a WHO-approved vaccine, one-week pre-flight quarantine in Guam, and one-week post-flight quarantine in FSM (https://www.fsmgov.org/index.html). For updated information regarding FSM repatriation procedure and flight schedule please refer to FSM PIO website.
- Is a curfew in place? No
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? Yes
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes, outbound commercial flights
are available; inbound flights are limited.
- Is public transportation operating? Yes.
- What ACS services are being offered? Routine ACS services are open (Passports, Notarial and Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) ect).
- What visa services are being offered? Regular Visa: C1 and B1B2 for both first time visa applicants and renewals. Official: C3 renewals Diplomatic visa: renewals