The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
All non-immigrant, non-U.S. citizen air travelers to the United States are required to be fully vaccinated and to provide proof of vaccination status prior to boarding. This requirement does not apply to U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals. U.S. lawful permanent residents (Green Card Holders), or immigrants.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
- FSM borders are now open. Anyone who wishes to travel to the FSM will need to be fully vaccinated and able to provide proof of vaccination status prior to boarding.
- United Airlines (UA) is back to its normal operating schedule. Please contact UA for both in-state and out of state flights.
- Air Niugini suspended service to the FSM due to low passenger demand on February 13, 2020.
- Caroline Island Air is currently out of service for interstate travel in the FSM.
- Pacific Mission Aviation (PMA) is currently servicing in the FSM on a charter basis. (Please contact PMA for updated flight schedule).
- Effective October 16, 2022, Nauru Airlines will commence service to/from Pohnpei via Tarawa and Majuro.
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM)? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within 72 hours? Yes
- Please visit the Public State Hospitals for COVID-19 tests.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
Has the government of Federated States of Micronesia approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes (Moderna, J&J/Janssen, and Booster Vaccinations are available at each Public Health Department in all four FSM States.)
The United States Government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. For information on how you can get your COVID-19 vaccine, please contact your state immunization program at the following numbers.
- Yap State: +691-350-2114
- Chuuk State: +691-330-3945
- Pohnpei State: +691-320-3144/2217
- Kosrae State: +691-370-2125
Entry and Exit Requirements
The FSM borders are fully open. Anyone who wishes to travel to the FSM will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including with booster doses if eligible.
- Is a curfew in place? No
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes, both outbound and inbound flights are available
- Is public transportation operating? Yes.
- What ACS services are being offered? Routine ACS services are open (Passports, Notarial and Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) etc.).
- What visa services are being offered? C1 and B1/B2 for both first time visa applicants and renewals. Official: C3 and G4 renewals. Diplomatic visa: renewals