Last updated: 08/08/2022
As of June 12, 2022, the CDC order requiring all passengers aged two and above to show a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before boarding a flight to the United States, is cancelled.
CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
- The Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) is no longer COVID- free. Community spread has circulated in Pohnpei and Kosrae while Chuuk and Yap continue to isolate border cases.
- United Airlines continues to service the FSM with unlimited flights for departing passengers and passengers landing in Pohnpei and Kosrae. Passengers wishing to land in Chuuk and Yap are subject to numerical restrictions. (Contact United Airlines for additional information).
- United Airlines continues to provide limited outbound human remains shipments for the FSM. (Contact United Airlines for additional information).
- Travelers should be prepared for the possibility that United Airlines could reduce/suspend service to the FSM on short notice.
- Air Niugini suspended service to the FSM in February 2020 due to low passenger demand.
- Caroline Island Air’s only airplane is out of service indefinitely for maintenance. (Contact CIA for updated interstate travel).
- Pacific Mission Aviation (PMA) is currently providing interstate travel in the FSM on a limited basis. (Contact PMA for updated flight schedule).
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM)? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within 72 hours? Yes
- Please visit the Public State Hospitals for the COVID-19 Tests.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Has the government of Federated States of Micronesia approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes (Moderna, J&J/Janssen, and Booster Vaccinations are available at each Public Health Department in all four FSM States.)
The United States Government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. For information on how you can get your COVID-19 vaccine, please contact your state immunization program at the following numbers.
- Yap State: +691-350-2114
- Chuuk State: +691-330-3945
- Pohnpei State: +691-320-3144/2217
- Kosrae State: +691-370-2125
Entry and Exit Requirements
As of August 1, 2022, the borders of the FSM are officially open. Pohnpei and Kosrae are allowing unfettered entry and exit. However, Chuuk and Yap continue to restrict inbound passengers and impose quarantine restrictions. Entry to Yap and Chuuk will continue to be controlled by the FSM Consulate in Guam in coordination with United Airlines and subject to proof of vaccination with a WHO-approved vaccine and a post-flight quarantine in FSM. For updated information regarding FSM repatriation procedure and flight schedule please refer to FSM PIO website .
- Is a curfew in place? No
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? From Pohnpei and Kosrae to Chuuk and Yap
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? Chuuk and Yap only
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes, outbound commercial flights are available. Unfettered inbound to Kosrae and Pohnpei only.
- Is public transportation operating? Yes.
- What ACS services are being offered?
Routine ACS services are open (Passports, Notarial and Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) etc).
- What visa services are being offered?
Regular Visa: C1 and B1/B2 for both first time visa applicants and renewals. Official: C3/G4 renewals
Diplomatic visa: renewals