Last updated: August 13, 2021
Effective January 26, all airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older must provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days of travel. Alternatively, travelers to the U.S. may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel. Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
- United Airlines is servicing the FSM with limited flights (Contact United Airlines for additional information)
- United Airlines suspended all outbound international pet shipments. (Contact United Airlines for additional information)
- United Airlines continues to provide limited outbound human remains shipments for the FSM. (Contact United Airlines for additional information)
- Travelers should be prepared for the possibility that United Airlines could reduce/suspend service to the FSM on short notice.
- Caroline Island Air (CIA) is currently servicing in the FSM. (Please contact CIA for updated interstate flight schedule)
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM)? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within 72 hours? Yes
- Please visit the Public State Hospitals for the COVID-19 Tests.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Has the government of Federated States of Micronesia approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes (Moderna, J&J/Janssen Vaccinations are available at each Public Health Department in all four FSM States.)
The United States Government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. For information on how you can get your COVID-19 vaccine, please contact your state immunization program at the following numbers.
- Yap State: +691-350-2114
- Chuuk State: +691-330-3945
- Pohnpei State: +691-320-3144/2217
- Kosrae State: +691-370-2125
Entry and Exit Requirements
- The emergency decree has been extended to September 30, 2021. Yap, Pohnpei, and Kosrae have successfully completed repatriations and are seeking to allow more citizens to enter. Entry controlled by the FSM consulate in Guam in coordination with United Airlines and subject to proof of vaccination with a WHO-approved vaccine, one-week pre-flight quarantine in Guam, and one-week post-flight quarantine in FSM (https://www.fsmgov.org/index.html).