- The Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) has no confirmed a COVID-19 case within its borders.
- On March 16, 2020, Pohnpei State identified a Person Under Investigation (PUI) for COVID-19. That person was discharged from the hospital and no longer under quarantine.
- Cases of COVID-19 are confirmed in the State of Hawaii and the U.S. territory of Guam.
- United Airlines Full Island Hopper Service (Guam-Chuuk-Pohnpei-Kosrae-Kwajalein-Honolulu) was suspended and will not be reinstated until April 13/14.
- United Airlines Short Island Hopper service (Guam-Pohnpei-Chuuk-Guam) will continue and operate on Saturdays and Mondays.
- United Airlines Short Island Hopper service operating on Mondays and Saturdays from Guam to Chuuk and Pohnpei does not transport passengers.
- United Airlines Short Island Hopper service operating on Mondays and Saturdays from Pohnpei to Chuuk and Guam transports passengers but they cannot disembark in Chuuk.
- United Airlines will not fly to Kosrae International Airport until April 13/14.
- United Airlines suspended all international pet and human remain shipments.
- Travel restrictions to FSM States are subject to change without prior notice due to conflicting Executive, Legislative and State government actions.
- Travelers should be prepared for the possibility that United Airlines could reduce/suspend service to the FSM on short notice.
- Air Niugini suspended service February 13 to the FSM due to low passenger demand.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Effective March 21, Pohnpei State’s amended Emergency Order No. 20-21 banned passengers from disembarking at Pohnpei International Airport because all available quarantine facilities are full.
- Effective March 19 Yap State requires arriving passengers to submit to a 14-day quarantine period at a government designated facility.
- Effective March 16, Chuuk State requires arriving passengers to submit to a 14-day quarantine period at a government designated facility.
- Quarantine facilities are available in Pohnpei and Yap and Chuuk States. However, Pohnpei facilities are full as of March 23.
- Yap Department of Health Services: 350-2115/2114
- Chuuk Department of Health Services: 330-2210/2216/2217
- Pohnpei Department of Health Services: 320-2214/2215/2216
- Kosrae Department of Health Services: 370-3199
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- state.gov Country Information and Travel Advisory page